Drop camps are perfect for hunters who don’t require guides!
We pack you and your gear in and out of a fully-equipped camp in a prime Routt National Forest hunting location.
- Drop camps include: tents, stoves, cooking and eating utensils, a lantern, cots and pads
- You provide your own food and personal gear
- Each camp is approximately a two-hour horseback ride from the trail head
- Drop camps are available for rifle, archery, and muzzleloading hunts in units 5, 14, 161, and 214
- We do not leave horses in drop camps
- Public land: Starting at $2,750/person
- Minimum of 2 people per camp
- Drop camps fill up quickly – early booking is highly recommended
- A deposit is required to hold reservations
Steamboat Hunting Drop Camps
- Permitted in Game Management Units 5, 14, 161, and 214 – drop camps are primarily located in Units 14, 161, and 214
- Price includes base camp accommodations, packing you and your personal gear in and out of camp, and packing your trophy and meat out of camp
- All drop camps are accessed by horse – we take everything in and out on horseback, but we do not leave horses in any of our drop camps
- Drop camps areas provide good hunting for deer and elk within moderate walking distance of camp
- Base camp includes: tent, cots, kitchen, wood stove, lanterns, propane cooking stoves, propane, basic cooking necessities, dishes, axe, shovel, saw, and latrine
- Firewood is easily obtained near camp, but is not stacked in camp
- Water is available in or near camps, but should be treated/boiled to ensure safety
- Guests provide personal gear, weapon and ammunition, license, and all food needed for the duration of the trip
- Hunting license and season info: Colorado Department of Wildlife
- Upon receipt of your deposit, we will send you list of suggested items to bring
Archery and muzzleloading camps are available, too – please call 970.879.3495 for more details!